Today started on a good foot - at the gym. I haven’t been since Thursday, so it felt good to get there and sweat for a while. I did 40 minutes on the elliptical and then did a short arm routine. I also got in some good reading time this morning with my LC book. It’s good so far, but not as good as the other books in the series.
I think I have decided that this will be my last week at the gym. I’m due next Thursday (eee!), which means that this baby could come “any day now,” so I’m thinking that maybe I will hang up my workout gear at the end of this week to avoid potentially going into labor on the elliptical machine. We’ll see. My doctor says it’s totally OK to work out up until I go into labor, but at the same time, do I really want to do that? Hmm... Questions to ponder.
Speaking of questions to ponder, it’s Friend Makin’ Monday! I have not participated in AGES, so I thought I would start the year off right and jump back in!
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. Outside my window I see…trees, forest, greenery. We back up to a conservation area, so the view is very nice and green.
2. My kitchen counters are…tan, brown, black and white granite.
3. Yesterday I drank…a ton of water and a Dr. Pepper.
4. My cell phone is…an iPhone 4. I’m totally ready for an upgrade.
5. My computer is…my brand new MacBook Pro, which I am still trying to figure out. Moving from PC to Mac is hard and frustrating!
6. My favorite reality show is…oh, there are so many. I love The Amazing Race (Hubs and I are currently watching season 5 reruns), The Bachelor (it starts up again tonight!!!!!), I have a soft spot in my heart for American Idol (though I am seriously considering skipping this season, can’t stand Nicki Minaj) and lately Hubs and I have been into Storage Wars on A&E. It’s so dumb, but so addictive.
7. My workouts are…GREAT considering my “condition.” I am so proud of myself (and a little baffled) for keeping up with my workouts at 38.5 weeks pregnant. I’m not doing much (only 30-40 minutes on the elliptical), but it’s enough for me right now to feel good and feel like I am doing something good for me and the baby. I can’t wait to get back to regular workouts after the baby is here and I really can’t wait to get outside with her to go on long walks!
8. The last book I read is…I just finished What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty. Didn’t love it. I also just finished What to Expect When You’re Expecting, just in the nick of time!
9. My week will be….I don’t know what this week holds. Since I’m so so close to my due date, this week could be a nice relaxing week or I could spontaneously go into labor this week, the unexpectedness of this time of my life is mind boggling. Needless to say, I don’t have any big plans for this week that will take me too far from home.
10. So far 2013 has been…GREAT! It’s going to be a GREAT year!!!
And with that, I need to jet. I hope you have a marvelous Monday!!
Questions for you …
- What do you have planned for the week?
- Did you work out today?
- What’s the last book you read?